The “U” description refers to the “U” shape of the cavity in the steel transom. The end clips of the “U” shaped decks to slot into the transom cavity to form a secure coupling. There is two sizes of “U” transoms 0.4m (1′-4″) used to hold a single 0.32m (1′-1″) deck width and 0.73m (2′-5″) used to hold the width of two 0.32m (1′-1″) wide decks. 0.73m (2′-5″) “U” transoms are the most widely used in the industry as a double deck width allows for minimal, but suitable, room to access walls while at the same time being the most cost effective option and offering efficiency for transportation.
U-Transom covers lock into the U transoms and disable the decks from the possibility of being dislodged. This is an important safety precaution preventing the decks from falling down in high winds or even earthquakes. Combine a U-Transom cover of equal length to the U-Transom you are purchasing to allow for maximum safety.
- U-Transom (Ledger U)
- U-Transom Cover (Deck padlock)
- Surface finish: hot dipped galvanised
- Machine welded ends
- Tested to industry standards
- Comes in two lengths 0.4m (1′-4″) & 0.73m (2′-5″) allowing for a single or a double deck width.
- Prices in USD and include FOB
- Minimum total order: one shipping container (15 – 17.5 ton)
- Shipping and payment arranged after order is submitted
- Shipped globally
- Direct from China’s leading scaffolding manufacturer